[oe] Getting patches committed

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Thu Jan 21 12:16:26 UTC 2010

Dr. Michael Lauer wrote:
> I fully agree. I'm neither using patchwork nor do I find patches on the list a good idea.
> I'd welcome for-oe-upstream trees that would contain patches that -- if good -- we could
> just pull from.

Yes, me too would prefer to pull another branch from somewhere and
cherry-pick from it over other solutions.

I have two questions.

1) is it possible to host such a free-for-all branch somewhere?
2) although generally not a good idea, would it be possible to rebase
   this branch frequently so that the unapplied patches always come
   up first in "git log"?

OE needs a stronger community culture.  Too many devs are just contempt
with "my stuff works fine for me".