[oe] Getting patches committed

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:34:04 UTC 2010

Even if there is a git branch there needs to be a mail to the list
describing that the git should be pulled. With that there should be a
description on what has changed.
And basically I fear that we are just shifting the problem.
If no one picks up the patches from the list, what makes you guys
think that once they are in a git they get added.

One of the problems with patches (and probably also with git) is who
picks them up.
If someone is sent to the list and it is related to something that I
am knowledgeable in, I'll try to look into it.
If not, I tend to avoid, first of all because of the burden (i feel
that before committing I need to compile it and if possible do some
basic testing, which is tough if it is not really something I have the
knowledge or hw for), and secondly because someone who feels more
attached with the area is also working on it.

Frans