[oe] Getting patches committed

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 21 19:01:47 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 21.01.2010, 13:34 +0100 schrieb Frans Meulenbroeks:
> Even if there is a git branch there needs to be a mail to the list
> describing that the git should be pulled.

My idea was to send that patch to the list and that it gets committed to
this new branch if there has not been an answer for a certain amount of
time, for example a week.

> With that there should be a description on what has changed.

Is not that the commit message?

> And basically I fear that we are just shifting the problem.
> If no one picks up the patches from the list, what makes you guys
> think that once they are in a git they get added.

For some this seems to be a better usability since they can just
checkout that branch and work with it as they are used to.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul