[oe] New state for patches not complying with commit policy (was: Patchwork Workflow improvement)

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Sat Jan 23 16:11:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 13:19 +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
> If it is possible, I suggest to add a new state (»Rejected – Commit
> Policy«) for patches not complying with the commit policy [3]?

If the patch is basically correct then it seems a little bit officious
to reject it purely because it fails to conform to the commit policy in
some way.  Most of the issues listed in the policy are easy enough to
fix up when applying the patch, after all.

By all means send a note to the patch submitter explaining how they
could write a better commit message (or whatever) in the future, but I
don't think there is any need to reject the patch just for that.

p.