[oe] {RFC] console-image.bb

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sat Jan 30 14:26:43 UTC 2010

On 01/30/2010 05:47 AM, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be cleaner to rename ANGSTROM_EXTRA_INSTALL to e.g.
>> DISTRO_EXTRA_INSTALL ?
>
> This has been discussed before, but not changed.  I think it made sense
> back then and I think it makes sense now.
>
> I believe there is even a better name than DISTRO_EXTRA_INSTALL to be
> found for the variable.  Maybe IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL?

I also like IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL. Distro's shouldn't be customizing
images using this variable :)

The problem with this var is it means one persons console-image is not
equal to anothers, but I am fine with this. I regularly use this
variable to insert extra packages into an image for testing purposes.

Philip