[oe] building linux-kirkwood_2.6.33-rc5.bb for openrd-base failed and it causes bitbake exception

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 08:53:54 UTC 2010

2010/1/31 Guo Hongruan <camelguo at gmail.com>:
> Hi guys,
>  I tried to build openembedded with the following configuration:
> MACHINE=openrd-base
> DISTRO=micro
> LIBC=glibc
> But when building linux kernel ( linux-kirkwood_2.6.33-rc5.bb ), there are
> some patches failed to be applied and bitbake raised some exceptions with
> unknow reason. The attachment is the raw error information captured from the
> screen. Hope it is useful.

I must admit that when moving to rc5 I only build openrd-client, not base.
I'll look into it later today or otherwise tomorrow.

Then again I sincerely doubt that the right patches are applied.
Two examples from your txt doc:

patching file drivers/macintosh/smu.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 85.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 150 with fuzz 2 (offset 14 lines).
Hunk #3 FAILED at 239.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 493.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 574 with fuzz 2 (offset 23 lines).
3 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file drivers/macintosh/smu.c

patching file drivers/net/pcmcia/smc91c92_cs.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 559.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file drivers/net/pcmcia/smc91c92_cs.c

I strongly doubt that an openrd patch would touch a macintosh or pcmcia driver.

While I'll have a go at it, I suggest you clean out your tmp dir and try again

It seems the bad patch is penrd-base-enable-pcie.patch
Can't look at that one right now.

Meanwhileyou can also set DEFAULT_PREFERENCE to -1, that will give you
the rc1 kernel.

Frans