[oe] building linux-kirkwood_2.6.33-rc5.bb for openrd-base failed and it causes bitbake exception

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 16:03:35 UTC 2010

2010/1/31 Guo Hongruan <camelguo at gmail.com>:
> Hi guys,
>  I tried to build openembedded with the following configuration:
> MACHINE=openrd-base
> DISTRO=micro
> LIBC=glibc
> But when building linux kernel ( linux-kirkwood_2.6.33-rc5.bb ), there are
> some patches failed to be applied and bitbake raised some exceptions with
> unknow reason. The attachment is the raw error information captured from the
> screen. Hope it is useful.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Thanks again for the report.

I have investigated the issue.
There are only two patches for openrd-base and this one:
openrd-base-enable-pcie.patch was already added to the git so it was
not needed any more.
However this patch only patches
arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/openrd_base-setup.c so it is not responsible
for all the fails you got when patching.
I have removed the pci patch from the recipe.
The other patch did also not apply any more as there was a part for
openrd_client-setup.c, which did not apply. As the client part is not
interesting for openrd-base, I've removed the client part from the
patch.
I am building as I write this. Can't test as I do not have a base
board.(I have a sheeva and an openrd client, so can test on just those
two; will definitely make sure to compile openrd base too if I change
things (and if someone (Marvell? eInfoChips?) wants to donate a base
board for testing feel free to email me :-) )

Anyway, the kernel is compiling for base; I don't expect any problems;
will rebuild for sheeva and openrd-client as well and then commit (or
report back here).
Expect it to be on the feed in an hour or two.

Frans.