[oe] TSC Meeting 2010/07/01

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Thu Jul 8 09:36:37 UTC 2010

TSC Meeting 2010/07/01

Attendees: Mickey, Phil, Richard

The proposed agenda for the meeting was to review our previous meeting
minutes and proposed actions and come up with a plan for addressing some
of the concerns raised on the openembedded-devel mailing list. We'd also
consider how to handle assigning actions and making decisions in future.

Due to a shortage of attendees, this was a short meeting and not a lot
was covered. One member did not attend as they felt the TSC did not have
an agenda that was elected by the OE members.

It was discussed and agreed the the TSC did have the rights to add items
to its own agenda and to govern its own structure and processes. This
was a direct instruction from the e.V. board and OEDEM meeting when the
TSC was created.

Some problems have arisen since the TSC did decide on an escalation
process at its first meeting but this was never implemented:

http://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel%40lists.openembedded.org/msg02684.html

Mickey has now setup some mailing lists (thanks) but we need to flesh
out and document the process on the wiki. In the absence of other
volunteers Richard has taken the action to do this as soon as he can
amongst several competing priorities.

This leads into another topic of discussion. Acting on feedback from the
members, in future we're going to make sure we record who is raising an
issue with the TSC and secondly assign owners to decisions made by the
TSC from the TSC itself. That person is responsible for looking after a
decision and tracking any implementation issues. Note this does not mean
they have to do the implementation, just that they are tracking it.
Volunteers for helping with implementation from the community are
welcome (and may be the person raising the issue or may not be).

Holger has added links to the minutes of previous meetings to:

http://wiki.openembedded.net/index.php/TSC

(April is missing unfortunately so we need to work out what happened to
those).

We also agreed the TSC should go through the previous minutes, create a
list of actions that have not been dealt with yet and then discuss what
to do about them. This would include assigning owners to them to track
their status. Again, in the absence of another volunteer Richard will take
responsibility for the action.

Regards,

Your TSC

Chris Larson (kergoth)