[oe] htcleo: touchscreen driver & configuration

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Wed Jul 14 05:19:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-11 at 14:56 +0100, lukas gorris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> except for the 6 keypad buttons, machine htcleo lacks any working
> input device in its current state in OE.
> The present touchscreen driver is designed for use with the andoid
> user space. I would like to make it work with tslib.
>
> In ts_print_raw a touch event looks like this
>
> 670.031357:    110    227      0
> 2670.071314:    132    266      0
> 2670.111229:      0      0      0
> 2670.111236: -947150040 -947440328      0
> 2670.151243:    285    200      0
> 2670.191285:    285    202      0
>
> Instead of a real touch event, the pointer will dodge to zero and then
> to a large negative value.
> Am I right the driver will need patching for this to work with tslib?
>
> Driver is here
> http://git.linuxtogo.org/?p=groups/mobile-linux/kernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=6a2efb17dced8b2989a4359d98d66b0446743fdf
>
> I know this is not 100% OE related. But since I am trying to get the
> htcleo device supported in OE I should take a try here. On the tslib
> list nobody jumped up so far:
>
> https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/tslib-general/2010-July/000302.html
>
> Thanks
>
> Lukas
hi,
I think your driver needs patching,I patched mine.

By the way I'm currently offline so I can't see the link.
Also:
*there is an xf86-input-tslib plugin which works fine except when you
apply some static rotation to xf86-video-fbdev
*I locally switched to evdev for htcdream,as advised by #xorg-devel and
will push soon
*if you plan to use xf86-video-fbdev rotated look at the thread I
started in the xorg devel mailing list.

Denis.