[oe] [RFC] New stable branch (and maybe a new process?)

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 18:40:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/7/21 Esben Haabendal <esbenhaabendal at gmail.com>
>
>> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Stefan Schmidt
>> <stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:
>>
>> > What does not fit your needs with the current stable handling?
>>
>> It started out with a rather continous flow of changed from dev,
>> causing it to be almost as unstable as dev. Now stable/2009 looks
>> mostly dead.

I think  a time based release will be really nice for OE for improving its
consumption in production deployment, I am willing to help in this
How often we want to release remains to be decided.
We don't have to do huge backports and wait for a lot of features
to go in for cutting out a stable release.

-Khem