[oe] AUTOREV and SRCPV

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 08:46:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 09:37:17AM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 10:30 +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 09:13:37AM +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> > > but I think that's already fixable
> > > with strategic use of PREFERRED_VERSION and/or DEFAULT_PREFERENCE.
> >
> > How? Can you explain in more detail?
>
> If you arrange for the autorev'd recipe to be, say,
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE=1, then I think bitbake will treat it as the desired
> version to build even if SRCREV - and hence PV - would sort lower than
> some other version (irrespective of whether that other version has
> already been built or not).  Then you just need to engineer PKGV to be
> suitably monotonic in order to get the right things to happen inside
> deploy/ and on the target system.

So will bitbake build again the same recipe (because I've built from the
same one before) with lower PV, just because it _still_ has the highest
DEFAULT_PREFERENCE and it's desired version (but still lower PV because
of hash, then before)?.

Maybe I had not enough coffee today, but I still don't understand it,
sorry, maybe someone else can comment?

Regards,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr