[oe] python-native_2.6.4.bb do_unpack failed

Soumya R Soumya.R at kpitcummins.com
Thu Jun 10 05:57:18 UTC 2010

Hi All,

     I am using ubuntu 10.4 LTS and i am trying to build my own customized image
for mipsel.. When i run bitbake avn-image i get the following error.

cp: cannot stat `/home/likewise-open/KPIT/soumyar/openembedded/recipes/python/python-native-2.6.4/05-enable-ctypes-cross-build.patch': No such file or directory
NOTE: Task failed:
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of /home/likewise-open/KPIT/soumyar/openembedded/recipes/python/python-native_2.6.4.bb do_unpack failed
ERROR: Task 749 (/home/likewise-open/KPIT/soumyar/openembedded/recipes/python/python-native_2.6.4.bb, do_unpack) failed
NOTE: Waiting for 3 active tasks to finish

  I am unable to tar Python-2.6.4.tar.bz2 by using the command
tar -zxvf Python-2.6.4.tar.bz2
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

   so i downgraded the gzip but still the same error.. If anybody got the same error and resolved it please help me out.. I am stuck here:-(

Thanks in advance :-)

Regards,
Soumya