[oe] (no subject)

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 06:29:44 UTC 2010

2010/6/10 Soumya R <Soumya.R at kpitcummins.com>:
> Hi All,

Hi,

I think it was already told to you that it is better to use a subject line.
More chance of getting a response.

>     I am using ubuntu 10.4 LTS and i am trying to build my own customized image
> for mipsel.. When i run bitbake avn-image i get the following error.
>
> cp: cannot stat `/home/likewise-open/KPIT/soumyar/openembedded/recipes/python/python-native-2.6.4/05-enable-ctypes-cross-build.patch': No such file or directory
> NOTE: Task failed:
> ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
> ERROR: Build of /home/likewise-open/KPIT/soumyar/openembedded/recipes/python/python-native_2.6.4.bb do_unpack failed
> ERROR: Task 749 (/home/likewise-open/KPIT/soumyar/openembedded/recipes/python/python-native_2.6.4.bb, do_unpack) failed
> NOTE: Waiting for 3 active tasks to finish
>
>  I am unable to tar Python-2.6.4.tar.bz2 by using the command
> tar -zxvf Python-2.6.4.tar.bz2
> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> tar: Child returned status 1
> tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
>
>   so i downgraded the gzip but still the same error.. If anybody got the same error and resolved it please help me out.. I am stuck here:-(

Read.
It tells the file is not in gzip format.
The file has .bz2 extension so it is probably a bzip2
tar -z decompresses with gzip, tar -j juses bunzip2

And if you have a decent tar you can just omit it and it will find out by itself

Frans.