[oe] TSC Meetings for the meeting of June

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:12:18 UTC 2010

2010/6/11 Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net>:
> On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 20:29 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
>> > Personally the org.openembedded.dev branch name does not bother me
>> > although I know master is the 'standard' git name.
>> > Afaik renaming does not really solve a problem.
>>
>> Ah well, seeing that the TSC completely failed to implement anything of
>> the things they decided on last month I think we can stop worrying about
>> this for the next few months. Does the TSC use FIFO or LIFO for their
>> targets?
>
> You've always got to be destructive and negative ;-).

If people pick up actions (like removing old minor versions of
recipes, someone will complain that they are touching other peoples'
recipes without consent, RFC or whatever.
It would be nice if  owners/maintainers of recipes would start to
implement the policies as outlined  by the TSC, instead of bashing
others. But no, instead of having 8 abiword recies (when I tables this
issue) we now have 10.

> How about suggesting the TSC improves its process by assigning actions
> to people? That would be a bit more constructive and might address the
> problem.
>
> We're all volunteers doing this, we all have lots of things we're all
> involved in and we do the best we can.
>
> There is also nothing stopping anyone from helping the TSC, it was asked
> to make a decision, not necessarily implement it although I'd agree it
> would be desirable if someone on the TSC could help.
>
> FWIW, I'm about to take a weeks vacation which is my first proper
> holiday in a long time. I'll pay for it when I get back but until then
> I'm aiming to enjoy it.

Richard, enjoy your vacation! I hope you have lots of fin.

Frans (who scurries back to the corner he decided to hide into after
the last round of negative feedback when he tried to update a recipe
for the benefit of all, without needing it  himself)