[oe] TSC Meetings for the meeting of June

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 12:20:53 UTC 2010

2010/6/12 Graeme Gregory <dp at xora.org.uk>:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:12:18 +0200
> Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If people pick up actions (like removing old minor versions of
>> recipes, someone will complain that they are touching other peoples'
>> recipes without consent, RFC or whatever.
>> It would be nice if  owners/maintainers of recipes would start to
>> implement the policies as outlined  by the TSC, instead of bashing
>> others. But no, instead of having 8 abiword recies (when I tables this
>> issue) we now have 10.
>
> This is one of the issues we still have in our way of thinking, you see
> having 10 recipes as a huge issue that has to be fixed. Some of us
> don't see any need to delete recipes that are not broken. I would
> expect (as one of the abiword maintainers) if I went in and do some
> major change to packaging and couldnt be bothered to backport it I
> would delete some of those recipes.

Actually I just picked  abiword as an example (because it is one of
the first things that shows up, alphabetically speaking).
Actually the opie recipes that have versions 1.2.2, 1.2.3 and 1.2.4
for which the .4 fis already quite old and the others seen obsolete
bother me just as much

Rationale of getting rid of the old recipes is that it decreases parsing time.
And note that it is a git, so the old data remains available in the
git for those who want to access it. (actually that *is* one of the
purposes of a version control system)

Frans.