[oe] comedi / angstrom

superaorta at gmail.com superaorta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 07:15:32 UTC 2010

I would like to build comedi (www.comedi.org) for my beagle board. From the
instructions for comedi, "you will need to havea correctly configured Linux
kernel source tree".

I have built comedi on many platforms without trouble but I'm completely lost
in Angstrom - I have the kernel source (2.6.29 from kernel.org) but I don't
know where to find the config files. I have done this on and x86 host:
http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom

I don't fancy building comedi using bitbake because I have not the slightest
idea how to adapt it to this purpose. The easiest thing seems to me is to
find the correctly configures kernel source and config files and install them
on the beagleboard then build comedi locally.

Any advice? overwhelmed and stuck here.

Cheers,

SA