[oe] comedi / angstrom

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 07:22:22 UTC 2010

2010/6/15  <superaorta at gmail.com>:

> I would like to build comedi (www.comedi.org) for my beagle board. From the
> instructions for comedi, "you will need to havea correctly configured Linux
> kernel source tree".
>
> I have built comedi on many platforms without trouble but I'm completely lost
> in Angstrom - I have the kernel source (2.6.29 from kernel.org) but I don't

If you are lost in Angstrom better mail to the angstrom mailing list :-)

> know where to find the config files. I have done this on and x86 host:
> http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/building-angstrom
>
> I don't fancy building comedi using bitbake because I have not the slightest

if you do not want to use bitbake the openembedded mailing list does
not seem to be the proper place to ask questions, as all of oe uses
bitbake.

> idea how to adapt it to this purpose. The easiest thing seems to me is to
> find the correctly configures kernel source and config files and install them
> on the beagleboard then build comedi locally.

bitbake virtual/kernel will build a kernel for you, you might be lucky
copying over that kernel.