[oe] New user would like some help

Michael Lippautz michael.lippautz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 21:19:27 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 17.06.2010, 20:24 +0100 schrieb Chris Tapp:
> I now want to add some other libraries to the image so that they will
> be available by default. I've tried to do this by adding IMAGE_INSTALL
> lines in to minimal-image.bb (I'll do this properly by making a copy
> soon!). e.g.
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL = "task-boot \
> 		libsdl-native \
> <rest of file>
>
> This appears to do something at build time, but libsdl is not in the
> image that's produced.

1) libsdl instead of -native (-native packages are used for
crosscompiling. OE installs some of them itself, while others are
distro-requirements)

2) To create your own image using the minimal-image:
Create a new file openembedded/recipes/images/<your-image>.bb:

require minimal-image.bb

IMAGE_INSTALL += "libsdl \
                  some-other-lib \
"