[oe] 'swapper' process using 100% cpu when system idle

Chris Tapp dokuwiki at keylevel.com
Tue Jun 29 22:32:19 UTC 2010

> on .dev
> well look at the kernel recipe you want
> to go to and add
>
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE_<yourmachine> = "1"
> you might have to provide defconfig also.

Thanks

I'm getting 2.6.35-rc3 included in the build at the moment (for
'linux'). I couldn't find a recipe for this and it took me a while to
work out that it was linux_git.bb that was getting used!

This file has DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = -1. However, it seems as if none of
the other linux_x.y.z.bb files specify a value for my machine (x86)
and they all have a DEFAULT_PREFERENCE of -1.

Given this, I now understand why the _git version is being pulled in :-)

Why does the _git version (which I assume gives a 'bleeding edge'
version) have the same preference value as the recipes for released
versions? Would setting it to -2  be sensible?

I'll go add a DEFAULT_PREFERENCE_x86 = "1" line to the one I want, as
per your recommendation and start a rebuild...

Chris