[oe] 'swapper' process using 100% cpu when system idle

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 22:38:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 11:32:19PM +0100, Chris Tapp wrote:
> >on .dev
> >well look at the kernel recipe you want
> >to go to and add
> >
> >DEFAULT_PREFERENCE_<yourmachine> = "1"
> >you might have to provide defconfig also.
>

> Thanks
>
> I'm getting 2.6.35-rc3 included in the build at the moment (for
> 'linux'). I couldn't find a recipe for this and it took me a while
> to work out that it was linux_git.bb that was getting used!
>
> This file has DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = -1. However, it seems as if none
> of the other linux_x.y.z.bb files specify a value for my machine
> (x86) and they all have a DEFAULT_PREFERENCE of -1.

http://docs.openembedded.org/usermanual/html/recipes_defaultpreference.html
The default preference (when no DEFAULT_PREFERENCE is specified) is zero.

That's why I used only -1 when I added it. But if you have machine which
has DEFAULT_PREFERENCE -1 in all other linux recipes (positive values
are usualy assigned only for machines known to work) then you're right
it will pull it.

I'll decrease it to -2 with SRCREV bump I have in my queue..

Regards,

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com