[oe] [oe-commits] Koen Kooi : efl: bump SRCREV for comp fixes

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 13:31:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> So what would be OE way to handle?
> 1) enable Ecore_data to build etk/epsilon ok (for a while before
> something else broke it again)
> 2) move etk/epsilon + depending apps to obsolete dir (list of apps
> from previous e-mail + check if they really still depends on it or
> it's just DEPENDS relict).
>
> I prefer 2) and if there is somebody who really needs etk/epsilon then
> he probably wants also older EFL_SRCREV for his obsolete app.
>
> Regards,
>
>> What's right way to handle that in OE?
>> Is it worth maintaining epsilon alive in oe.dev and asking upstream to
>> include patches for epsilon or can we move epsilon + apps depending on
>> it to obsoleted?

Nobody replied, but seems like enlightenment devs already decided for us :).

Both deprecated modules removed completely

Ecore_data
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/changeset/46994
Ecore_txt
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/changeset/46985

a) So will ve move unbuildable version to obsolete dir.
b) Move it with last working SRCREV included in it (and expect any
user who needs it to set the same old SRCREV to build compatible
ecore_svn.bb).
c) Delete them and whoever needs it, can checkout older tree with them
and right revisions.

Regards,