[oe] [RFC] Make some big but only formal change before next stable - SRCPV

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 07:53:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

what it missing in bitbake master to call it 1.9.0 and switch all to
this version with sanity check? I'm using master on my builder and SHR
builder and it works good. (Only issue I still have is oestats-client -
reported yesterday to bitbake-dev list).

In this version is support for LOCALCOUNT override, which makes SRCPV
usable with multiple builders with shared feeds. Which was only big
complaint against using SRCPV for git recipes.
http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/bitbake/commit/?id=2f32735463159e9e42e03819d6b505dba49c7f17

My SRCPV migration branch is quickly rotting.. but I'm willing to
check/do it again, because resolving conflicts with every small change
in git recipe takes me more time than merging SRCPV to oe.dev would
take.

SRCPV migration thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org/msg01325.html
or really long and boring description