[oe] u-boot ready initrds

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Tue Mar 9 17:47:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 15:41 +0100, Steffen Sledz wrote:
> Tom Rini wrote:
[snip]
> > That said, mkimage -A arm is bad.  UBOOT_ARCH is right,
>
> Good point. Total agreement.
>
> > and comes from kernel-arch.bbclass.  So, I
> > think a full patch would need to add in changes to image.bbclass to
> > inherit kernel-arch so that UBOOT_ARCH will be evaluated.
> >
> > And yes, this I think should be in bitbake.conf with the rest of the
> > image magics
>
> I've too much respect and to little knowledge to make changes
> inside these core components.
>
> Can someone take me by the hand and guide me. ;-)

It's easy.  Just add 'inherit kernel-arch' to image.bbclass, up near the
top, test your changes a bit and post :)

> PS: And another little question: is '.u-boot' a good extension for
> this? Or is the shorter '.u' better?

Since the recipe is u-boot (and u-boot-blah-native), .u-boot is fine
over .uboot.  .u is I think too short / nondescript.

--
Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com>
Mentor Graphics Corporation