[oe] [RFC/PATCH] Perl 5.10.1 and a bunch of modules

Roman I Khimov roman at khimov.ru
Thu Mar 18 19:46:23 UTC 2010

В сообщении от Четверг 18 марта 2010 22:36:57 автор Frans Meulenbroeks
написал:
> 2010/3/18 Roman I Khimov <roman at khimov.ru>:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > As perl 5.10.1 is a big patch by itself and series overall is 42 patches
> > and I don't want to banned from list for spam ;), I've commited that to
> > the "rik/perl-5.10" branch of OE repo.
> >
> > In general, the most interesting and the most requiring review are the
> > first 4, all the other are just various modules. So, please
> > review/try/test/ack/nack.
>
> Nice work Roman!

Thanks.

> Any particular reason not to go to 5.11?

AFAIK, 5.11 is development branch and we're more interested in stable.

> Also I'm not sure whether all the native recipes we have now are really
>  needed. Perhaps the new staging will take care of that. Do you have any
>  idea?

Most of -native were converted to BBCLASSEXTEND and those are at least
harmless, I think. And then some modules check for dependencies when
configuring, so -native version is needed for those checks to succeed.

--
 http://roman.khimov.ru
mailto: roman at khimov.ru
gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 0xE5E055C3