[oe] Want to Re build after modifying any files

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Mon Mar 22 10:37:08 UTC 2010

On Monday 22 March 2010 11:13:59 Tejas wrote:
> Hello All,
>
>                I have removed INHERIT += " rm_work "  option from my
> local.conf file. So I can avail source code.
>

>                The problem which I am facing is, I have built gst-omapfb
> from openembedded by giving bitbake gst-omapfb. It is built successfully.
> Now I am changing code and trying to rebuild it by giving bitbake
> gst-omapfb. But it is not rebuilding.

You can use:
	bitbake -ccompile -f gst-omapfb

This will force compilation (running of make) inside the existing
tmp/work/*/gst-omap*... source directory..

Alternatively you can do:

	bitbake -cdevshell gst-omapfb (on angstrom)

this will open a gnome-terminal and you can type make inside the build
directory..

Alternatively you can:
	Change to tmp/work/*/gst-omap
	and run the temp/run.do_* scripts to redo a task..