[oe] small perl initialisation patch

Roman Khimov khimov at altell.ru
Mon Mar 22 10:54:09 UTC 2010

В сообщении от Среда 27 января 2010 00:51:52 автор Frans Meulenbroeks написал:
> Perl file Lib/CPAN/FirstTime.pm can enter a dialog for continent which
> never ends.
> This problem is among others sometimes triggered by
> libxml-namespacesupport-perl_1.10.bb
> The patch forces the answer for manual configuration to "no" avoiding
> that we run into this problem

Package build problem can be fixed with proper dependencies (perl checks for
dependencies and only if there's something missing it tries to use CPAN).
So, this patch hides the problem. Also, I don't think it's needed for target
Perl, there probably could be some cases when CPAN on target might be of use.

But in general what I don't like about this situation is that when you
encounter it while packaging yet another module the build process just hangs
on do_configure task with 100% CPU utilization and it's unobvious what's going
on until you check the ever growing log file. Then you have to kill bitbake.
All of this sucks.

Also, Perl 5.10 has some different handling for this, at quick glance it
autoconfigures by default now and really downloads everything it needs from
CPAN, which is also bad in our case, since we need to control what installed
where.

So, IMHO what could be useful is for our perl-native package to have some kind
of bouncer in FirstTime.pm that would die with something like "Error: tried to
configure CPAN. Usually it means broken dependencies for packaged modules, so
go fix your package".