[oe] Problem building Angstrom (quilt-native_0.46.bb' failed)

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Mon Mar 29 07:10:17 UTC 2010

On Monday 29 March 2010 07:43:48 Danail wrote:
.

> | ./.lineno: fork: Cannot allocate memory
> | FATAL: oe_runconf failed
>
> NOTE: Task failed: /home/pc/stuff/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/
> quilt-native-0.46-r2/temp/log.do_configure.1750

> Any ideas what is the problem?

Hi,

this is a kind of issue you can only resolve yourself as it heavily depends on
your environment. In general I have two remarks:

When a tool points you to a log file (as in above temp/log.do_configure) you
should attempt to make sense out of it, or at least attach it when sending an
email.

The other one is, we are all humans and we do love social interaction to
various degrees. When you say you spend two weeks figuring that out, it would
be very nice if you could explain what you have tried so far, how it failed
instead of simply relying on others. :)

And here is my speculation:
	1.) You really don't have enough ram to allocate more than one process
	2.) Your home partition is mounted no exec or such.