[oe] GSoC participation

Adrian Alonso aalonso00 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 19:45:42 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Via the Linux Foundation and Grant L. mentoring help, I will be working on
OE to
improve xilinx platforms support and adding Microblaze arch support;

Our Gsoc work aims tree areas
1. Support most xilinx target platforms
2. Add microblaze arch support
3. Improve software/hardware co-design work flow

Over the lasts moths I've been working on xilinx ml507 board support
to the point that been able to run xfce46 in this platform, some patches
are still queued in oe mailing list,  and we want to extend this
improvements
to other xilinx boards. Some descriptions of my work can be found at my blog
[1].

I already start with microblaze support [2], an encounter that I will
be fighting
with autotools hell this summer :); Running `bitbake task-base` it reachs
the point
to start cross-compiling and it fails due that config scripts don't have
target
definitions for microblaze, see error log at [3];forgive my autotools lack
of expertise
but where do I need to look to add target information for microblaze.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[1] http://aalonso.wordpress.com
[2] http://www.gitorious.org/oe-microblaze
[3] http://pastebin.com/DpZFsCgb