[oe] Build uncompressed kernel

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed May 5 05:42:18 UTC 2010

2010/5/4 Leon Woestenberg <leon.woestenberg at gmail.com>:
> Hello (again) Dmitry,
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Dmitry Vinokurov <df6.626 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> about 0.8-0.9 seconds, and boot time is much more critical for my system
>> than image size, so even 0.5 seconds is really important. Bootloader is
>
> Also, consider using execute-in-place (XIP) stuff, this removes the

Note that this assumes that the data is in NOR flash. XIP is not
possible with NAND.
NOR is slower than RAM but XIP avoids the decompression and only loads
what is really needed. so in the end most likely you'll win when it
comes to boottime.
There are several pages on elinux.org on boot time improvement.

Frans