[oe] All the syslogs

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch.de
Thu May 6 06:04:45 UTC 2010

Since i added the recipe for rsyslog we have three different
syslog implemenations in OE: (busybox-)syslog, syslog-ng, and
rsyslog.

At the moment syslog-ng and rsyslog have pkg_postinst and pkg_postrm
stages which use update-rc.d to deinstall/reinstall init.d links
for (busybox-)syslog which is default.

This seems to be a bad hack for me. I believe there must be better
solutions for this situation. But I'm not sure which is the preferred.
Is this a case for alternatives? Or something like
DISTRO_SYSLOG_DAEMON? Or something else?

Steffen

--
Steffen Sledz
DResearch Digital Media Systems GmbH