[oe] calamari (ppc e500v2) failure

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Tue May 11 06:53:53 UTC 2010

2010/5/10 Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com>:
> On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 10:40 +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:

>> MACHINE = "calamari"
>> DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
>> ANGSTROMLIBC = "eglibc"
>
> This should just be LIBC, btw

Angstrom has ANGSTROMLIBC

>From the code (grepping in the conf dir):
conf/distro/include/angstrom.inc:ANGSTROMLIBC ?= "glibc"
conf/distro/include/angstrom.inc:LIBC ?= "${ANGSTROMLIBC}"

No idea why we have ANGSTROMLIBC next to LIBC.

>> # e500v2 supports the SPE instruction set.
>> TARGET_OS = "linux-gnuspe"
>
> This should also be picked out automatically, iirc.

Hm, It was there in the conf that I got when I took over this project.
I seem to recall having tried to build without it, and that it failed,
but it is a while ago, so not 100% sure about that.

Frans.