[oe] calamari (ppc e500v2) failure

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Tue May 11 14:20:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 08:53 +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> 2010/5/10 Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com>:
> > On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 10:40 +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>
> >> MACHINE = "calamari"
> >> DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
> >> ANGSTROMLIBC = "eglibc"
> >
> > This should just be LIBC, btw
>
> Angstrom has ANGSTROMLIBC
>
> From the code (grepping in the conf dir):
> conf/distro/include/angstrom.inc:ANGSTROMLIBC ?= "glibc"
> conf/distro/include/angstrom.inc:LIBC ?= "${ANGSTROMLIBC}"
>
> No idea why we have ANGSTROMLIBC next to LIBC.

Because Angstrom initiated the hook and then I made it generic and made
all of the distros use it.  ANGSTROMLIBC is still there for
compatibility.

> >> # e500v2 supports the SPE instruction set.
> >> TARGET_OS = "linux-gnuspe"
> >
> > This should also be picked out automatically, iirc.
>
> Hm, It was there in the conf that I got when I took over this project.
> I seem to recall having tried to build without it, and that it failed,
> but it is a while ago, so not 100% sure about that.

Well, more accurately, sane-toolchain.inc has a function to get
TARGET_OS right and I assume angstrom is either using it or has a
similar one.

--
Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com>
Mentor Graphics Corporation