[oe] chance to document entire OE setup on ubuntu 10.04

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu May 13 15:53:11 UTC 2010

  while this sounds decidedly unsexy, given that i'm just getting into
ubuntu 10.04, i have the chance to document every step it takes to
setup OE on a fresh, default 10.04 install, including what packages
are *actually* required since i suspect some of the ones currently
listed aren't technically necessary.

  i've already documented what i've had to do so far and that's how i
tripped across that mmap_min_addr inconsistency.  right now, i'm
curious as to how many publishing packages are really needed, since i
note that there are references to the docbook and docbook-utils
packages, but those generally refer back to the older SGML-based
rendering, while the newer docbook-xml package sort of supersedes
that.

  in any event, if there's anything you want me to check while i'm
working on this, let me know; otherwise, i'll just document it for my
benefit and submit any noticeable changes i find that differ from the
current web pages.

rday