[oe] Examples of srctree and gitver

Ambrose, Martin martin at ti.com
Sun May 30 19:26:40 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 11:16:16, Chris Larson wrote:

> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Ambrose, Martin <martin at ti.com> wrote:

> > Are there any recipes/examples which use these classes?
>
> I expect they'd be most useful in development, so no, I don't know of any
> examples in an OE tree today.

Makes sense.

> It's pretty straightforward.  Add inherit
> srctree, point S at your local source tree (or put the recipe inside the
> sourcetree, it defaults to the dir the recipe is in), and it'll build from
> that local tree rather than doing the fetch+unpack+patch process.

Ack. I now think of the class as providing a 'skip' to the fetch+unpack+patch
steps but everything afterwards is then vanilla OE.

Ideally I could have a single set of recipes which, through some command line switches,
would either build in-tree using local sources or out-of-tree using a tarball.
But maybe this really requires separate recipes with commonality factored into includes.

Thanks for the explanation/help.

Regards,
Martin