[oe] Examples of srctree and gitver

Ambrose, Martin martin at ti.com
Mon May 31 22:47:39 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 14:49:32, Chris Larson wrote:

> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Ambrose, Martin <martin at ti.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 11:16:16, Chris Larson wrote:
> > > On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Ambrose, Martin <martin at ti.com> wrote:

> > Ack. I now think of the class as providing a 'skip' to the
> > fetch+unpack+patch steps but everything afterwards is then vanilla OE.
>
> Yeah, that's the idea, and is the only reason the class needs to exist --
> otherwise you could just point S to a local directory in the recipe and not
> need it.  Aside: the way it does so is quite the hack, we need to figure out
> a better way to manipulate the task graph like this.

Maybe that explains the problem I'm seeing with the dependency graph when using srctree.
Specifically if my recipe has
	inherit qt4e

Then it doesn't try to run the do_configure before the qt native tools are present.
This of course being expected/desired. However if I have
	inherit srctree qt4e

Then it goes straight to the configure phase without ensuring the dependencies are present.
	bitbake blah
	/home/user/oe/arago-tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/bin/qmake2: No such file or directory

Is this known behavior? Maybe even a workaround exists?

Regards,
Martin