[oe] OpenEmbedded and the Yocto Project

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Tue Nov 2 14:42:31 UTC 2010

Op 2 nov 2010, om 15:16 heeft Philip Balister het volgende geschreven:

> The Linux Foundation has announced the Yocto Project (based partly on OpenEmbedded), http://yoctoproject.org/.
>
> The OpenEmbedded eV board is pleased to see more people using OpenEmbedded and would like to develop a long term partnership with the Yocto Project.
>
> The eV board would like the OpenEmbedded Community to start discussing the Yocto Project and help develop a long term plan to advance the goals of both projects. This process should result in a Voting Proposal that the OpenEmbedded eV can vote on.

Before we go vote on stuff, I propose to try to work on relatively small focussed projects together to see how our goal and way of working match the yoctoproject ones. Things like tinderbox upgrades, buildbot integration and BSP splitting come to mind. The minutes Leon sent today reflect that a well.

And we seriously need to consider renaming the TSC to Tentacle Steering Committee if we get caught in the yoctopus!

regards,

Koen