[oe] qt4-embedded and plugins - bitbaking qt4-embedded in a useful way

Alessandro Sappia a.sappia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 01:36:38 UTC 2010

hi all,
I wrote a small qt application and I want to run it on top of a mini2440
board (7").
I was able to build a working image with qt4-embedded and my app but then
I'm
stuck to the point that my app needs sqlite and qt4-embedded don't provide
it
(almost from what I've read).

the git repository I've used is
git://repo.or.cz/openembedded/mini2440.git

the image boots and on prompt I write

qMyApp -qws

this stats qt-embedded right, and after I read that there is no sql driver
plugin
available.

from what I've found (1) classes/qt4e.bbclass says just "network" plugin and
no "sql"
plugin; (2) qt4-embedded.bb include qt4.inc that has --no-sql-sqlite in it.

now I'm stuck: change that to what I need ? I've tried to overlay the
qt4-embedded.bb
recipe, but I didn't get anything useful from it (maybe I'm doing overlaying
wrong)

Does anyone knows how to solve this ?

regards

Alessandro