[oe] qt4-embedded and plugins - bitbaking qt4-embedded in a useful way

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Mon Nov 15 07:08:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 15/11/2010 02:36, Alessandro Sappia wrote:
> hi all, I wrote a small qt application and I want to run it on top of a
> mini2440 board (7"). I was able to build a working image with qt4-embedded
> and my app but then I'm stuck to the point that my app needs sqlite and
> qt4-embedded don't provide it (almost from what I've read).
>
> the git repository I've used is git://repo.or.cz/openembedded/mini2440.git
>
> the image boots and on prompt I write
>
> qMyApp -qws
>
> this stats qt-embedded right, and after I read that there is no sql driver
> plugin available.
>
> from what I've found (1) classes/qt4e.bbclass says just "network" plugin
> and no "sql" plugin; (2) qt4-embedded.bb include qt4.inc that has
> --no-sql-sqlite in it.
>
> now I'm stuck: change that to what I need ? I've tried to overlay the
> qt4-embedded.bb recipe, but I didn't get anything useful from it (maybe I'm
> doing overlaying wrong)
>
> Does anyone knows how to solve this ?

By using the openembedded master branch, you will get the sqlite plugins :
qt4-embedded-plugin-sqldriver-sqlite2_4.7.0-r25.1.9_armv5te.ipk
qt4-embedded-plugin-sqldriver-sqlite_4.7.0-r25.1.9_armv5te.ipk

So maybe the right thing to do is to rebase this mini2440 tree onto master
(and then to send patches to integrate the differences).

Eric
Eric