[oe] Preparing for release - Freeze on master

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 23:00:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks
<fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/11/16 Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>:
>> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Paul Menzel
>> <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>>> Dear OE folks,

>>> would it be a good idea, to either have each developer with commit
>>> access create his/her own “next” branch or to have a common next branch,
>>> where those changes could be published, so that work is not duplicated?
>>>

>> Either way is fine. If its posted to mailing list then it goes to
>> patchwork and after approvals I will sweep them
>> if devs publish a pull branch thats ok too.
>>
>>> […]
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>

>>> PS: Khem, thanks for taking the lead in getting this release done!

> What about new recipes?

Depending upon how they pan out. Suppose if you add a new recipe for a
working recipe
that has implications if it gets picked up by default so need to make
sure it works on tested sets.
some entirely new recipes should be ok recipes for version upgrade
need to be watched out

> I have a few new tasks and a new image that I was planning to add
> tonight, but didn't get to it.

post them if you think they make sense in release and do not involve
other meta recipes.

> Also I will have a working uclibc++ recipe by tomorrow or so. (the
> current one does not build for me).

Post them to ml.