[oe] Preparing for release - Freeze on master

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:16:01 UTC 2010

2010/11/17 Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>:

>> What about new recipes?
>
> Depending upon how they pan out. Suppose if you add a new recipe for a
> working recipe
> that has implications if it gets picked up by default so need to make
> sure it works on tested sets.
> some entirely new recipes should be ok recipes for version upgrade
> need to be watched out

I agree on that. Actually I was referring to really new recipes, not
new versions of an existing recipe.

>> I have a few new tasks and a new image that I was planning to add
>> tonight, but didn't get to it.
>
> post them if you think they make sense in release and do not involve
> other meta recipes.

Whether they make sense depends probably on your perception.
I think they do, that's why I've been working on them, but it is
highly likely someone feels it does not make sense.

Rationale to get them in the archive is twofold:
- others can build and use the image too (it is an image for my james project)
- it can be incorporated in the regression testing. (and frankly I
would like to get them into this thursday's testing-next)

The new image does depend on the new tasks. No one depends on the new
tasks (that's why the are new)

>> Also I will have a working uclibc++ recipe by tomorrow or so. (the
>> current one does not build for me).
>
> Post them to ml.

Will do.