[oe] I've downloaded oe

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 07:52:41 UTC 2010

2010/11/23 Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Klaus Schwarzkopf
> <schwarzkopf at sensortherm.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i've downloaded oe with this script (thanks frans):
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>>
>> export OE=/home/klaus/development/oe/
>> export BBPATH=${OE}build:${OE}openembedded
>> export PATH=${OE}bitbake/bin:${PATH}
>> export MACHINE=dm355-evm
>>
>> RECIPES="${OE}/openembedded/recipes"
>> LOGFILE="fetchsrc.log"
>>
>> #Find recipes how changed this week
>> #FIND_OPTIONS="-atime 7"
>>
>> for i in $(find ${RECIPES} -name '*.bb' -type f ${FIND_OPTIONS} | sort )
>> do
>>        echo $i
>>        bitbake -c fetch -b $i
>> done > ${LOGFILE} 2>&1
>>
>> egrep -n 'ERROR.*bb..failed' ${LOGFILE}
>> egrep -n 'KeyError' ${LOGFILE}
>>

>> I found a lot of errors, see attachment! The whole logfile is on my
>> homepage:
>> http://fbi.hooster.de/download/sonstiges/oe/fetchsrc.log.tar.gz
>>
>> How can i/we fix this errors?
>>

> You should ignore nonworking and obsolete dirs and some errors are due
> to hh.org going AWOL too

Agree with Khem.

What about moving all recipes that do not fetch and also did not fetch
during Martins test from last march/april to a directory non-fetching
or so?
Apparently these are non fetchable for a long time, with no one
apparently building them or having an interest to fix them.
My proposal would be to do that before the release is made, thereby
improving the % of the recipes that build.

Frans.