[oe] I've downloaded oe

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 08:07:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 08:52:41AM +0100, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> What about moving all recipes that do not fetch and also did not fetch
> during Martins test from last march/april to a directory non-fetching
> or so?

But those recipes were only those where I wasn't able to find the source
at all (even with google help and couple of popular premirrors). Any
origin for source was fine for me, because I was only interested in
checksum check.

> Apparently these are non fetchable for a long time, with no one
> apparently building them or having an interest to fix them.

More likely those who were building those before are still building
OK, because they had it in theirs downloads dir. (but the second part is
right :/).

> My proposal would be to do that before the release is made, thereby
> improving the % of the recipes that build.

We can improve it also by putting those missing upstream files to
sources.openembedded.org and use it as premirror. But first we hav to
find someone who still have it in downloads dir :/ (I don't).

Removing recipes would need to remove those also from tasks/images and
in the end release images could miss some important functionaly in worst
case.

Regards,
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com