[oe] external-toolchain-csl-1.0-r6 fails

Ben Gardiner bengardiner at nanometrics.ca
Thu Nov 25 04:22:44 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Sorry to jump in so late.

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com> wrote:
> So to be clear, there is, or is not, another solution for using a
> non-angstrom toolchain to build angstrom?

I ran into this once and I'm happy to say that there is a solution
[1]. It was committed [2] by Denys Dmytriyenko and Signed off by Koen
Kooi [3].

2010/11/23 Víctor M. Jáquez L. <vjaquez at igalia.com>:
> I'm using the openembedded's branch org.openembedded.dev (HEAD)
>
> my local.conf
> [...]
> # enable following line to use CodeSourcery Lite
> TARGET_VENDOR := "-none"
> TOOLCHAIN_TYPE := "external"
> TOOLCHAIN_BRAND := "csl"

I think you'll find that you are able to build using CSL if you use
TOOLCHAIN_VENDOR instead of TARGET_VENDOR in your local.conf. I tested
with CSL's 2009q1 -- YMMV.

Best Regards,
Ben Gardiner

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded/38201