[oe] I've downloaded oe

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 12:43:04 UTC 2010

2010/11/25 Klaus Schwarzkopf <schwarzkopf at sensortherm.de>:
> Am 23.11.2010 21:19, schrieb Khem Raj:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Klaus Schwarzkopf
>> <schwarzkopf at sensortherm.de>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i've downloaded oe with this script (thanks frans):
>>>
>>> #!/bin/sh
>>>
>>> export OE=/home/klaus/development/oe/
>>> export BBPATH=${OE}build:${OE}openembedded
>>> export PATH=${OE}bitbake/bin:${PATH}
>>> export MACHINE=dm355-evm
>>>
>>> RECIPES="${OE}/openembedded/recipes"
>>> LOGFILE="fetchsrc.log"
>>>
>>> #Find recipes how changed this week
>>> #FIND_OPTIONS="-atime 7"
>>>
>>> for i in $(find ${RECIPES} -name '*.bb' -type f ${FIND_OPTIONS} | sort )
>>> do
>>>        echo $i
>>>        bitbake -c fetch -b $i
>>> done>  ${LOGFILE} 2>&1
>>>
>>> egrep -n 'ERROR.*bb..failed' ${LOGFILE}
>>> egrep -n 'KeyError' ${LOGFILE}
>>>

>>> I found a lot of errors, see attachment! The whole logfile is on my
>>> homepage:
>>> http://fbi.hooster.de/download/sonstiges/oe/fetchsrc.log.tar.gz
>>>
>>> How can i/we fix this errors?
>>>

>> You should ignore nonworking and obsolete dirs and some errors are due
>> to hh.org going AWOL too
>>

> egrep -n 'ERROR.*bb..failed' fetchsrc.log | egrep -v 'nonworking' | egrep -v
> 'obsolete' | wc -l
> 434
>
> egrep -n 'ERROR.*bb..failed' fetchsrc.log | egrep -v 'nonworking' | egrep -v
> 'obsolete' | egrep -v 'opie.*cvs' | wc -l
> 253
>

> I know, that the opie recipes missing the cvs server on hh.org.
>
> What is the best way to fix the missing download files?
> Move the recipes to nonworking directory?
> Find the missing files in the internet and upload the files to
> sources.openembedded.org?
>
> A combination: If we could not find the files, move the recipes to
> nonworking.
>
> Greetings
>
> Klaus

Thanks for your work.
Best way forward is to first verify if the sources are not elsewhere
(or renamed or so). E.g. php moves old versions to a "museum" site so
if a new version arrives the old version suddenly does not fetch any
more. In that case the solution is to change the SRC_URI
If that does not help and the sources are elsewhere on a reputable and
reliable server it might also be considered to change SRC_URI.

Otherwise if there happens to be a source found (e.g. in someones
downloads dir) we can consider moving it to sources.openembedded.org.
If the sources are unavailable moving to nonworking seems unavoidable.

There is one other case. If a recipe is old and not pinned, it can
also be considered to remove the recipe.

Frans