[oe] Building for multiple machines

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 08:09:43 UTC 2010

2010/10/11 Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>:

> On 11-10-10 08:27, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>> 2010/10/11 Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at mac.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>        What should I do build for multiple machines ?
>>>
>>> I have an overo-oe repository, but I need to temporarily build u-boot for a different board.
>>>
>>> In my auto.conf, the entry is MACHINE="overo"
>>>
>>> u-boot board definitions for say beagleboard, have named the board "beagle"
>>>
>>> So, would an appropriate command be
>>>
>>> bitbake u-boot-omap3 MACHINE="beagle"
>>>

>>> Elvis Dowson
>>
>> I guess trying this would ahve been much faster than waiting for an answer here.
>>
>> And OE does not have an auto.conf
>
> OE *does* have an auto.conf, pretty much since the start:
>
> koen at dominion:/OE/org.openembedded.dev/conf$ git blame bitbake.conf |
> grep auto.conf
> 00f6a165 (Chris Larson 2004-12-09 01:08:40 +0000 695) include conf/auto.conf

Yeah, that line is there. What I wanted to say is that if you pull
from git there is no auto.conf file

frans at frans-desktop:~/workspace/openembedded.git$ find | grep auto.conf
frans at frans-desktop:~/workspace/openembedded.git$

So I still feel we do not have an auto.conf (but the user can provide
an auto.conf if (s)he wishes)

Frans

PS: I normally set MACHINE in either the environment (as a bash env
var) or in local.conf