[oe] libusb-1.0-0, Required build target 'myrootfs' has no buildable providers.

Tasslehoff Kjappfot tasskjapp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:02:11 UTC 2010

I'm compiling myrootfs for the beagleboard, and have IMAGE_INSTALL +=
"libusb1" in my recipe. This has worked fine until a recent update, but
now it fails with the following:

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: | (7156/7156) [100 %]
Parsing of 7156 .bb files complete (6694 cached, 462 parsed). 7374
targets, 305 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
ERROR:
'['/home/tassloe/src/openembedded/pd-recipes/images/myrootfs.bb']'
RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
'libusb-1.0-0' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
ERROR: Required build target 'myrootfs' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['myrootfs', 'libusb-1.0-0']
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
ERROR: '['/home/tassle/src/openembedded/pd-recipes/images/myrootfs.bb']'
RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
'libusb-1.0-0' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
Unknown Event: <bb.event.NoProvider instance at 0xfaae5ec>
NOTE: Runtime target 'libusb-1.0-0' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['libusb-1.0-0']
ERROR: Required build target 'myrootfs' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['myrootfs', 'libusb-1.0-0']

I deleted my TMPDIR and then it compiled ok, but when I tried to compile
again, I got the same message. Neither myrootfs.bb nor recipes/libusb
have been changed since the last time this worked for me, so I suspect
something else is causing this.

Any ideas?

- Tasslehoff