[oe] libusb-1.0-0, Required build target 'myrootfs' has no buildable providers.

Tasslehoff Kjappfot tasskjapp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 12:15:14 UTC 2010

On 10/13/2010 01:02 PM, Tasslehoff Kjappfot wrote:
> I'm compiling myrootfs for the beagleboard, and have IMAGE_INSTALL +=
> "libusb1" in my recipe. This has worked fine until a recent update,
> but now it fails with the following:
>
> NOTE: Handling BitBake files: | (7156/7156) [100 %]
> Parsing of 7156 .bb files complete (6694 cached, 462 parsed). 7374
> targets, 305 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
> ERROR:
> '['/home/tassloe/src/openembedded/pd-recipes/images/myrootfs.bb']'
> RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
> 'libusb-1.0-0' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
> ERROR: Required build target 'myrootfs' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['myrootfs', 'libusb-1.0-0']
> NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
> ERROR:
> '['/home/tassle/src/openembedded/pd-recipes/images/myrootfs.bb']'
> RDEPENDS/RRECOMMENDS or otherwise requires the runtime entity
> 'libusb-1.0-0' but it wasn't found in any PACKAGE or RPROVIDES variables
> Unknown Event: <bb.event.NoProvider instance at 0xfaae5ec>
> NOTE: Runtime target 'libusb-1.0-0' is unbuildable, removing...
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['libusb-1.0-0']
> ERROR: Required build target 'myrootfs' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['myrootfs', 'libusb-1.0-0']
>
> I deleted my TMPDIR and then it compiled ok, but when I tried to
> compile again, I got the same message. Neither myrootfs.bb nor
> recipes/libusb have been changed since the last time this worked for
> me, so I suspect something else is causing this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - Tasslehoff

To add some info / reply to myself.

koen told me this is because I try to force libs into my rootfs that I
don't use directly, and removing libusb1 and libqt* from myrootfs.bb
indeed makes it build. May have worked only be accident before, I'm not
sure.

But, it makes me wonder if I use SDK's right.

To avoid everyone having to compile our rootfs with OE, I have created
an SDK. Using this SDK I compile and link an application that needs
libusb1, and that's why I had to force my rootfs to include it. The same
for my Qt-application. I compile and link that one outside OE, and add
libs to IMAGE_INSTALL in myrootfs.bb to make sure it has what it needs.

Is this the wrong way to go about it? If so, how *should* I do it?

Regards,
Tasslehoff