[oe] S98configure role

l.bolognini at tiscali.it l.bolognini at tiscali.it
Thu Oct 14 09:32:29 UTC 2010

I'm wondering what is the role of this script, placed in /etc/rcS.d.

What I guess is that, for some reasons, some packages get installed but
not configured (then unpacked) since their postinstall script returns
non zero value.
Here it is a small extract of rootfs_ipk.bbclass:

for
i in ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}${libdir}/opkg/info/*.postinst; do

if [ -f $i ] && ! sh -e $i configure; then
                        opkg-
cl ${IPKG_ARGS} flag unpacked `basename $i .postinst`

fi
done

For example, in my beagleboard, I get udev unpacked because
udev-cache can't be found in /etc/init.d (sounds strange, it's there!).

Then udev remain unpacked but the magic S98configure heals udev,
adjusting all stuff.
But, here is my question, what about the very
first boot? Do I have a first boot without udev-cache?
Unfortunately at
the moment I haven't the chance to investigate and burn a SD card and
can't go further, however I'm very interested to listen to your
opinions.

Thank you,
bye,
Luca

Supera i limiti: raddoppia la velocità da 10 a 20 Mega!   Risparmia con Tutto Incluso: telefono + adsl 20 mega a soli 26,60 € al mese per un anno!  SCONTO DI 160 EURO!  http://abbonati.tiscali.it/telefono-adsl/prodotti/tc/tuttoincluso/?WT.mc_id=01fw