[oe] 'require' across different collections

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Oct 20 23:15:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Ash Charles <ashcharles at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to use the 'require' or 'include' keywords across
> different collections without specifying an absolute path?
> Specifically, I have an image recipe which adds a few additional
> packages to console-image.bb; it lives in a separate collection i.e.
> it is not recipes/images/.  I currently get parse errors if I try to
> 'require console-image.bb' yet I had thought there was a way of doing
> this and I can't track it down in the mailing list archives.
>
> Any suggestions on how best to supplement an image with a few extra
> packages?

require has never required an absolute path.  If it's relative, it's
searched for in BBPATH (which happens to have hte dir where the including
file is prepended).  Since it looks for it relative to the top of each
element in bbpath, when you do 'require console-image.bb', it ends up trying
to read openembedded/console-image.bb.  Instead, use require recipes/images/
console-image.bb.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com