[oe] sed dependency

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 12:00:08 UTC 2010

Triggered by this: http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/3099/
I was wondering whether we should have sed-native as always-required ?

If not lots of recipes might require an update like the one above:

frans at linux-suse:~/oe/openembedded/recipes> grep sed -l */* -w | wc
    776     776   20661
frans at linux-suse:~/oe/openembedded/recipes> grep sed-native */* | wc
      9      61     737

Guess despite the -w there will be some false hits in the first grep
(because it is in postinst or in a comment), but I expect some 700+
recipes remaining.

(actually thinking about it we could also do a scan on all added code
to see if there is a dep on e.g. sed or grep, but guess due to the
overhead then it is better to generically depend on sed-native).

Guess something similar holds for grep (gave 128 matches) and probably
some other tools).

Frans